Who doesn't love the look of metallic gold foil? Gold foiling adds that extra level of class and luxury to invitations and stationery but generally also comes with a high price tag. Given that the production process of traditional hot foil stamping is expensive and takes a lot of time and resources, traditional gold foiling methods are usually unobtainable for the average bride with a budget. The costs involved generally make foiling more appealing for smaller weddings and functions and cannot be applied to wide format options, such as large guest seating charts. In addition, the high price of traditional foil stamping can also limit brides to only be able to afford to foil their wedding invitations and RSVPs and have to settle for a different design and print for their menus, table numbers, bonbonnieres, service covers, guest seating chart and thank you cards.
Whilst cheaper foiling methods are available, if the production process is not done properly with high end equipment and carefully controlled variables, the result will be black speckles throughout the foiling, which immediately takes away from the class and luxury that foiling is meant to provide.
We have had many a customer ask us for gold foiling options. Although our production crew are hard at work optimising a cheaper foiling method that still delivers a high quality product, we have realised a gap in the invitations and stationery market that is not being well serviced. Hence, we have designed the Metallic Lookalike Gold creative.
What makes the Metallic Lookalike Gold design so unique and affordable? Well, instead of relying on the production method to create the gold foil effect, we have placed all the emphasis of creating the effect in the graphic design. The major benefit this provides is that the production process doesn't cost any extra than a normal digital CMYK print. Not only is this an affordable option, but it also means that the artwork creative can be printed on large items like guest seating charts and posters. Now, you can have the metallic foil look across all your wedding stationery from save the dates cards, single-sided, double-sided and folding invitations to RSVP postcards, gift registry cards, place cards, menus, table numbers, service covers, favour tags, thank you cards and even your guest seating chart!
You can view and order the Metallic Lookalike Gold range here:
Be sure to keep an eye on our website for Metallic Lookalike Copper, which is coming very soon!
Today i'm going to talk about wedding stationers. Let's be honest. There are a LOT of wedding stationers out there now. The choices are limitless. And overwhelming. The pricing varies a lot. So how do you choose one wedding stationer over another?
Design of course is a factor, but there's no point having a gorgeous design if it's printed on bad card stock, or a printer that leaves banding throughout your solid colour. If you're having trouble deciding, we highly recommend ordering a sample pack - this will give you a true indication on the quality of the invitations you are looking at.
So what makes Alannah Rose wedding invitations different from the rest of the crowd?
We've put together this little list to help - if you've still got questions, pop over to our Frequently Asked Questions section on the website, send us an email, or give us a call - we're only too happy to help.
The Alannah Rose Difference:
- Our wedding invitations come in a range of sizes so you can choose which suits your budget! Our double sided, single sided and folding Wedding invitations are an impressive 145x145mm square and fit into a 150mm square envelope. We also have A6 size invitations which are 148.5 x 105mm and fit into a C6 envelope. Envelopes are supplied with all invitations.
- After a different size? no problem, just email us and most times we are able to accommodate.
- We print double sided - this means we print to both sides of the card, giving maximum impact to your guests when they open the envelope! For those on a budget, we also now have a single sided option for your wedding invitations.
- We are flexible - we can change the colours, change the size, change the fonts, we are here to please. On a budget? Chat to us about discounts or ways to fit within it.
- We print commercially - this means your invitations are printed on the highest quality commercial digital press - no home printers here!
- We quality check every single piece - every piece of stationery is checked for imperfections before being packed and sent to you, you deserve nothing short of the best for your big day.
- We can print on envelopes. Dread the thought of hand addressing all of your invitations or sticking labels on? Don't worry, we can print directly onto your envelopes now, with fonts to match your invitation.
- We pack to perfection - our customers rave about our packaging, who doesn't like a gift in the mail?
- We are proudly Australian Owned. All of our products are designed in Australia from our Melbourne Studio, and printed locally too.
- We delivery Australia Wide, and internationally as well.
- Still unsure? - order a sample pack, the cost is redeemable when you come back to place your order.
We're huge fans of black and white at Alannah Rose Stationery.
Black and white is timeless, classic and modern all rolled into one.
You can theme it with any colour or make or bold statement with a monotone palette.
We're loving our newest black and white wedding invitation design - Simplicity. Black and white with a modern twist.
Pop on over to the store to purchase and view the full collection.
Gold and metallics are making a comeback in a big way this season, not just in weddings, but we're seeing it all over in home acccents and fashion too.
Our shimmer stock is the perfect way to make your invitations metallic without going to the extreme cost of foiling and hotstamping. Just pick a pretty gold from our colour chart and select your card stock as shimmer and voila, perfectly pretty metallic wedding invitations!
Here's a sample of some new wedding invitations designs coming to our online store soon, and also some of our existing in gold tones.
From top: Chevron Crush wedding invitation in custom black and gold; All that Gllitters, sparkly wedding invitation coming soon; Perfectly Polka Dot wedding invitation in custom gold coming soon; Swirls & Twirls wedding invitation in custom black and gold;
For more wedding invitation designs visit click here
You may have noticed it's been a long time between posts! Well we didn't drop off the face of the earth, but our old blog was just a little bit broken! So here we are, running a new simpler theme, housed now on our main site, and hopefully we can pick up the ball and blog a bit more than once every six months!
So for our first post for 2014, I'm excited to introduce 4 new wedding invitation designs that have been added to the store this season. The new collection celebrates colour, texture and pattern, let's brighten up the dull dreary months that are ahead!
Each is available in our four different invitation sizes - single sided square, double sided A6, double sided square and folding square. Keep them in the colours as shown or alter to suit your wedding colour theme, the options are endless and the choices are yours.
From top to bottom: Watercolour Wonder, Dream of Me, Sweet Whimsy and Flouncy Floral. All available in our wedding invitation boutique now, complete with co-ordinating stationery and event pieces.
We were busy little bees last year photographing our wedding invitation collection - I'm pleased to say we've finally added lots of the images to our wedding stationery gallery on the website, pop over and have a look here.
We've also been grouping lots of colours together in our Facebook albums, so if you're looking for colour themes it's a good place to look!
Still need more inspiration? Pop on over to our pinterest feed where we pin all our favourite things for weddings and parties!
from top: Alannah Rose Chevron Crush wedding invitation in custom grey, Chevron Crush favour tag in custom grey, Botanica Belle wedding invitation, Botanica Belle Wedding Wine Bottle Label
Page 1 of 1
- alannah rose new designs (39)
- alannah rose parties (23)
- alannah rose weddings (49)
- baby (20)
- engagements (1)
- envelope printing (1)
- inspiration boards (64)
- life (38)
- media and press (24)
- parties (83)
- sponsor introduction (2)
- stationery tips (7)
- sunday finds (58)
- the rest (86)
- wedding invitations (6)
- weddings (151)
- February 2017 (1)
- December 2015 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (1)
- October 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (4)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (4)
Alannah Rose Stationery
telephone 0401 321 226
Wedding + Engagement
~Baby + Christening
~Samples ~ 1 week
Printables ~ 1 week
"Just picked up the invitations and they are absolutely stunning - thank you so much. We love them!" Kate 24.2.14