Alannah Rose Party - Ella's Lovely {ladybird} Garden Party (ladybugs)

My lovely little ladybird turned 4 last week and we celebrated on the weekend with a Ladybird party. I didn't want to do a heavy red and black theme, so we decided to turn it into a Ladybird Garden party, going for a natural look and incorporating lots of pretty garden colours. Ella received a beautiful lavender fairy dress from her Nan which she wanted to wear for the party, so we used this as an accent colour alongside reds and pinks, but keeping the ladybug elements in their red and black.

Considering it is winter in Melbourne, and freezing, it was necessary to have an indoor party, so we decided to bring the garden inside! The dessert table was covered in artificial turf and our garden party grew from there!

Above: The dessert table, covered in artificial turf set the scene for the ladybirds garden; Wooden lady bugs dotted amongst the foliage; homemade cupcakes; Alannah Rose Lovely Ladybird Invitations; Ella's Ladybird Birthday Banner

Above: Homemade gingerbread flowers potted in watering cans; sweet pink lemonade bottles with paper straws (from details details); the birthday girl

Above: Party Food - Potted Gingerbread flowers; Jelly beans; potted marshmallows and tiny toadstools; fairybread flowers, cupcakes; marshmallows dipped in chocolate, Yum!

Above: The beautiful two layer ladybird birthday cake was made by my very talented Mum! (thanks mum, so much it is exactly as I imagined x)

Above: little party guests enjoying the fare; pretty pom pom flowers adorned the roof of the kids party room for a garden feel; the children's party table was set with ladybird antennae (homemade) for the kids to take home (plus ant antennae for the boys) and ladybird garden colouring sheets (free printable colouring sheet file available with purchase of our lovely ladybird invitations on request) and potted gingerbread flowers

Above: Also in the party room were the loot buckets - filled with plastic magnifying glass, ladybird clickers (remember those old fashioned metal ones?), lollies, blowouts and balloons - 'fly me home' were the instructions from miss ladybird; party games - a jar full of chocolate ladybirds went 'missing' each child was handed a net to catch the ladybirds and bring them home. They were then divided up and tied into the nets for the children to take home with their lolly buckets. This game was a big hit with the kids!

Other games included pass the lucky dip - my variation of pass the parcel - rather than wrapping prize upon prize into paper, I put individual prizes into paper bags which were passed around in a larger gift bag for the children to 'lucky dip' when the music stopped.

Supplier list:

Invitations and stationery - Alannah Rose - Lovely Ladybird Party Invitations

Stripey Straws - Details Details

White buckets - Holly Lolly

Flowers - gorgeous Kale, Rosehip, Roses and Magnolia leaves all from Camberwell Florist

Cake - made by my Mum! Ladybird sugar decorations from Cakes around Town

Nets - These are fish tank nets - I sourced them from a local $2 shop, and Cheap as Chips

White Ceramic Pots - Ikea

White Watering Cans - The Reject Shop

Lollies - Toadstools from Coles, Large marshmallows used on sticks in pots Campbells Cash & Carry

Mini Glass Bottles - These are empty Vittoria Juice Bottles - thanks to Sharnel and my twitter friends for the heads up on these

Special thanks to all my lovely friends and family - mum for all her help and the amazing cake, my husband for putting up with my bossiness, prue (gigi & lulu) for her inspiration, ideas and help on the day, Adrienne & Tim for the turf, and Kerrin for extra vases I needed at the last minute! Plus hugs and kisses to all Ella's little friends that helped her celebrate and make the day so special.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Bella, I'm glad you loved your party, your smile and excitement bring me such joy! x

July 26, 2010

33 Posted Comments

• Candace  Jul 27, 2010 @ 3:35am wrote:

Beautiful! I love the ladybird theme and the tiny ladybugs really bring it to life...Love it!!!

• ladybugs! : Party Perfect  Jul 27, 2010 @ 12:16pm wrote:

[...] beauty from Alannah Rose! This creative lady knows every great party is about the details…and I can’t get enough [...]

• Sharnel  Jul 27, 2010 @ 1:12pm wrote:

Love love love Alannah. Such a gorgeous party. I love all the lovely details. x

• Dawn  Jul 27, 2010 @ 1:38pm wrote:

OMG Alannah, you blow me away again with your amazing talent and eye to detail! Please, please let me share...too late! :)

• Leanne Ambrogio  Jul 27, 2010 @ 2:40pm wrote:

Another beautiful party - so lovely - congratulations. Leanne x

• lili  Jul 27, 2010 @ 3:06pm wrote:

oh my heavens! love the party to bits! too cute!

• julie  Jul 27, 2010 @ 3:39pm wrote:

once again you have excelled yourself.Such a busy mother and business women and still able to SQUEEZZZZZZZZZZZZin the time for such a beautiful event.congratulations to you!

• Chris @ Celebrations At Home  Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:23pm wrote:

This is, Oh So Cute!! Love the green turf grass!

• jamie  Jul 27, 2010 @ 11:16pm wrote:

where did you get the turf from? my son is having a gold party and i love this!

thanks

• jamie  Jul 27, 2010 @ 11:19pm wrote:

one more question- where did you get the rectangular tall platter? thanks

• Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts  Jul 28, 2010 @ 2:16am wrote:

What a beautiful party!

• Bubble and Sweet  Jul 31, 2010 @ 6:29am wrote:

What a perfect party, I adore ladybugs and all your details are amazing.

• Melanie  Aug 03, 2010 @ 7:52am wrote:

Spectacular! I love all the little details the have been thought of. Can you tell me where you got your glass bowls with the lids? The ones either side of the cake? Thanks so much!

• Suzi  Aug 04, 2010 @ 8:29pm wrote:

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely replies. Ok, some answers Turf, they have similar at Bunnings, you can buy it by the metre. The Platter - it's actually a shelf :) it was sitting under the girls beds, I balanced it on some upside down pots from ikea. Dawn - of course you can, would love you too! x Apothecary jars - the place I got these from doesn't have them any more, but if you google apothecary jars you should find plenty! Thanks again lovelies x

• Suzane  Aug 05, 2010 @ 11:31am wrote:

Wonderful party! Can you tell me where you got the lemonade bottles... thank you so much!

• KK  Aug 06, 2010 @ 10:00am wrote:

I LOVE your set-up! The grass table runner is beyond fabulous!

• Andrea  Aug 08, 2010 @ 3:34am wrote:

You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful designs!

• Amy @ Blowout Party!  Aug 08, 2010 @ 1:01pm wrote:

I love how you set up this table- it's perfectly stunning! And I totally love the shelf stand! Brilliant! I'm so doing that for my next party!

• Zoe  Aug 08, 2010 @ 9:39pm wrote:

The details and design are really beautiful. My daughter has now requested a Ladybug party for her 4th birthday party, which will be in October. Thank you for for the inspiration.

• Debbie  Aug 09, 2010 @ 5:26am wrote:

Wow, Suzi! This is wonderful! I found you through Chris' post from Celebrations at Home. I love the turf runner and love all the ladybug touches!!! Glad to have found you!

• Stephanie  Aug 10, 2010 @ 3:29am wrote:

Every little ladybug detail is adorable. I especially love the little nets!

• Brittany  Aug 10, 2010 @ 4:37am wrote:

Gorgeous! LOVE the turf tablecloth!

• Kim  Aug 13, 2010 @ 1:03pm wrote:

This is insanely fantastic.....

• Lisa  Aug 13, 2010 @ 4:32pm wrote:

love it soooo much!! where did you get your birthday banner printed/purchased?

• Leanne  Aug 18, 2010 @ 9:59pm wrote:

Wow you did a fantastic job. Love all your party creations. I am planning my daughters 1st birthday in November so you have given me great ideas. Only problem is I have to many ideas, it is all so good.

• Sally  Aug 21, 2010 @ 1:56pm wrote:

Love i! You are so talented. I loved the Bird party and have been waiting to see what you came up with next. Love it all!

• Mariah  Aug 22, 2010 @ 11:57am wrote:

Where did you find those super cute marshmallows (if that's what they are!?) Everything is just adorable! Love, love love! xo

• Jodie  Oct 29, 2010 @ 2:48pm wrote:

Love this party!! I have been looking for the fish nets but cant find anything. Looked in cheap stores around my area, pet stores (too large and expensive) and even online. Can you tell me what store you got yours from.

With thanks!

• Suzi  Oct 29, 2010 @ 4:33pm wrote:

Hi Jodie, thanks for your lovely comments, the nets came from Cheap as Chips, not sure if you have one in your area, they were $2.00 each. Mariah, not sure if I answered your question, so sorry! Marshmallows from Campbells Cash and Carry :) xx

• Mel  Nov 05, 2010 @ 3:45pm wrote:

What a great idea doing lucky dip rather than a pass-the-parcel! Pass-the-parcel is usually frought with angst for the little kids because most of them miss out. I remember my parents putting lollies in each wrapping so that everyone would get something.

I adore those pom-pom ceiling flowers! How did you make those?

• [...] gals one of whom, Ella, recently turned four. To celebrate Suzi threw her daughter an amazing ladybird party. “I didn’t want to do a heavy red and black theme, so we decided to turn it into a ladybird [...]

• Ella’s 5th {Busy Bee Party} | Alannah Rose  Jul 28, 2011 @ 9:12am wrote:

[...] chose our Buzz Buzz Bee invitations last July (while i was standing on a ladder decorating for her ladybird party!), and has done nothing but talk about her bee party ever [...]

• [...] to share a beautiful 1st Birthday party with you today! This party brings back so many memories of Ella’s Lady bird Party a couple of years ago, I love that our clients are inspired by our work! Today’s party was [...]